The delicate pumpkin or La Calabaza delicata is a winter squash with a delicious creamy and nutty flavor. Some people also said that the taste is similar to sweet potato. Therefore, it goes with many types of dishes. You can simply steam or toast delicate pumpkin together with the peel, as it is perfectly edible. For a greater variety, you can combine the delicate pumpkin with other foods in a delicate stuffed pumpkin. In addition to the taste, people love to have this light yellow color with green-lined pumpkin for its health benefits of delicate pumpkin. Pumpkin contains many beneficial values for health. The variation in the cooking process will also provide beneficial nutrients to improve your health.
Nutritional Value of Pumpkin Delicata:
From the creamy delicate pumpkin, we can obtain the following values:
- Dietary fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Linoleic alpha
17 Extraordinary Health Benefits of Pumpkin Delicata:
According to the list of nutritional values contained in the delicate pumpkin, we can refer to some health benefits as detailed below:
1. Improves the Immune System:
- The vitamin C content in delicate pumpkin is very beneficial to improve the immunity of our body.
- Therefore, having delicate pumpkin for your meal or simply healthy snack can help improve the immune system.
2. Increase Energy:
- Delicata squash is packed with B vitamins, which is beneficial for improving energy.
- Eating foods with a high level of B vitamins will provide you with energy to spend the day.
- In addition to the delicate pumpkin, you can also consume black radish, as it contains a high level of B vitamins.
3. It Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties:
- Some of you will only know that fatty acids are only provided by animals, such as meat, chicken and fish, with their health benefits for meat, poultry and fish by providing the valuable omega fatty acid. -3.
- But surprisingly, delicate pumpkin is one of the vegetarian resources of omega-3 fatty acids.
- It also contains alpha linoleic, which means that delicate pumpkin has an anti-inflammatory property.
4. Stimulates the Recovery Process:
- The existence of alpha linoleic acids and omega-3 fatty acids also helps the recovery process after illness or injury.
- It is possible since the beneficial value of the delicate pumpkin is able to help the reproduction of the cell and repair the damage.
5. Help Skin Health:
- Pumpkin vitamin C can also improve skin health.
- It nourishes the skin while counteracting the aging process.
- Therefore, having high vitamin C intake can keep your skin young.
6. Improve Vision:
- Only for the color, we can notice that the delicate pumpkin is good for the eyes.
- The yellow color provided by the beta-carotene content is capable of improving vision.
- Therefore, we can say that the health benefits of delicate eye could be equal to the benefits of carrot juice to improve vision.
7. Improves Hair Health:
- The vitamins and minerals in La Calabaza delicata are also good for improving hair health.
- Therefore, consuming delicate pumpkin is not only pleasantly delicious, but also healthy and beneficial for its beauty.
8. Digestion Aid:
- Like the other types of pumpkin, the delicate contains good amount of dietary fiber.
- Dietary fiber is very good for improving digestive health.
- It can also prevent you from developing digestive problems such as constipation, flatulence and swelling.
9. Weight Control:
- One of the reasons why people praise fiber is because it is very effective in controlling weight.
- Eating delicate pumpkin will provide you with fiber.
- Foods rich in fiber keep it full and prevent cravings.
- In this way, you can control your weight and lose a few kilos as a bonus.
10. Good for Cardiovascular Health:
- One of the beneficial minerals for cardiovascular health is potassium.
- It is able to improve heart health.
- In addition, dietary fiber can also reduce the level of cholesterol, which is one of the factors of cardiovascular disease.
11. Good for the Lungs:
- The vitamin A in La Calabaza delicata is surprisingly beneficial for the health of the lungs.
- Healthy lungs will definitely avoid many respiratory problems such as bronchitis.
12. Does Not Contain Gluten:
- Some of you may be allergic to gluten, but you really want to try some gluten-free foods like spaghetti.
- In this case, the delicacy offers you the pasta substitute. We can grate the soft meat of delicate pumpkin and boil it in water.
- You will be surprised how the pumpkin resembles the flavor and texture of the pasta. You can add sauce. Also, it won’t make you gain weight.
The Other Health Benefits of Delicate Pumpkin Are:
13. Help with Muscle Health
14. Strengthens Teeth and Bones
15. Reduce Cholesterol
16. Regulates Blood Sugar Level
17. Prevent Cancer
To get the benefits of La Calabaza delicata for health, it is important to pay attention to the cooking process. In this case, steaming and toasting are the best ways to cook the pumpkin. However, toasting may increase the initial flavor of the pumpkin. In addition, we can also flavor the pumpkin, with anything that resembles and make the delicate pumpkin a snack or garnish. This is the recommendation to prepare a clean and delicious roasted delicate pumpkin:
- Wash the pumpkin completely
- Trim the top and bottom
- Cut the pumpkin along
- Take out the seeds
- Turn to the side and then cut into a half-inch moons size
- Put a toaster dish, sprinkle some black pepper, salt and mix with olive oil
- Get all the pumpkin ready to get the perfect caramelized toasted delicate pumpkin
- Roast at 425 degrees in 12 minutes
- After 12 minutes, turn them over and continue for another 12 minutes to get a delicious golden roasted delicate pumpkin.
- You can eat them as they are, or combine them with other foods, such as broccoli soup and get a gluten-free meal. It is very good to help you lose weight.
- Or, you can combine the delicate toasted pumpkin with lean protein ingredients such as turkey lunch meat.