Horsetail is a very effective ingredient when it comes to losing weight, as it promotes the elimination of liquids while stimulating detoxification of the body. In recent years several recipes have been shared with horsetail to lose weight. Although the plant has been used since ancient times for medicinal purposes, today it has gained fame for being a supplement for those who want to lose weight.
The horsetail (Equisetum arvense) is a primitive plant that comes from the family Equisetaceae. It is characterized by having round, rough and grooved stems, whose size can be between 20 and 60 cm. In addition, it lacks fruits and flowers. From a nutritional point of view it stands out for its content of flavonoids, phytosterols and vitamins and minerals. It also contains salicylic acid, caffeic acid and other substances that give it diuretic, detoxifying and anti-inflammatory properties.
Why is it recommended to lose weight? While it is not miraculous to eliminate fat , your regular intake has interesting benefits. Here we review some of their properties and several recipes to facilitate their consumption as part of the diet.
Benefits of Horsetail to Lose Weight
The reasons to take horsetail to lose weight are very interesting. This well-known herb has the ability to improve lymphatic and circulatory functions, avoiding interferences in the processes that help eliminate fat deposits. Its diuretic properties combat fluid retention, a disorder involved in weight gain. It also promotes the detoxification of organs such as kidneys and colon, which retain toxins from the environment and food.
Thanks to its high content of essential minerals allows regulating electrolyte levels, especially in cases of dehydration. Therefore, after ingesting it in drinks, it also combats inflammation and remineralizes muscles and bones.
Ways to Take Horsetail to Lose Weight:
Recipes with horsetail for weight loss can be included in the regular diet plan. Of course, they do not replace any main meal and neither should they be eaten in excessive quantities. Next we give you the most effective.
Infusion of Horsetail
The classic recipe for horsetail to lose weight is still valid as an ally to reduce measures and take care of the figure. Due to its concentration of nutrients, it is an ideal beverage to stimulate the metabolism and take care of cardiovascular health.
- 1 teaspoon dried horsetail (5 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Pour a teaspoon of horsetail into a cup of boiling water.
- Cover the drink, let it rest for 10 minutes and filter it with a sieve.
- He drinks the beverage mid-morning and repeats his consumption in the middle of the afternoon.
- Take a maximum of 3 cups a day.
Drink of Horsetail, Artichoke and Lemon
The diuretic properties of horsetail are linked to artichoke and lemon compounds to help you lose weight effectively. This interesting beverage detoxifies the body and improves liver function in case of toxins.
On the other hand, it favors the process of decomposition of fats and helps to alkalize the body. In addition, it combats excess inflammation and decreases those fat nodules that form cellulite in the legs, buttocks and abdomen.
- 1 artichoke
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of horsetail (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (5 ml)
- Cut an artichoke into several pieces and put it to boil in a pot with the cups of water.
- Leave it to the boiling point, reduce the heat to a minimum and add the horse’s tail.
- After 2 or 3 minutes, remove from heat.
- Then, wait for 15 minutes to rest and strain it.
- To finish, serve it and add a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Take a cup of drink on an empty stomach and repeat your consumption in the afternoon.
- Repeat the remedy for 2 weeks in a row, rest 2 more weeks and take it back.
Infusion of Horsetail and Green Tea
Green tea is one of the best supplements of horsetail to lose weight. Together, both ingredients stimulate the functioning of the metabolism and increase energy expenditure. In addition, detoxify and eliminate liquids effectively.
In fact, this natural beverage stimulates blood circulation and cellulite noticeably decreases. It also combats abdominal inflammation and promotes the relief of constipation.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- ½ spoonful of dry horsetail (7 g)
- 1 teaspoon of green tea (5 g)
- Boil a cup of water and, when it reaches its boiling point, add the horse’s tail and green tea.
- Reduce the heat to a minimum and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Finally, wait for it to sit at room temperature and strain it.
- Eat the infusion mid-morning, when you feel anxious about eating.
- If you like, repeat your consumption in the afternoon.
Contraindications of Horsetail
As with almost all dietary supplements, horsetail is safe when consumed moderately, in the short term. However, it is important to know its side effects or cases in which it is contraindicated:
- Do not take if you suffer from vitamin B deficiency and alcoholism.
- It should not be eaten in excess because it can irritate the kidneys.
- Pregnant women and children should avoid it.
- In case of liver and kidney disease it is best to consult the doctor before taking these remedies.
- It should not be administered in people with high blood pressure or heart problems.
- Too much can cause diarrhea and gastric discomfort.
Do you dare to try the horsetail to lose weight? As you can see, it is easy to prepare and has many benefits. You just have to verify that you are not part of the special cases that should not be taken. If there is no problem, include it in your diet.
horsetail tea, horsetail dosage, best horsetail supplement, horsetail for hair, horsetail tea weight loss, horsetail for thicker hair, horsetail cancer, horsetail extract for skin
#horsetailtea #horsetaildosage #besthorsetailsupplement #horsetailforhair #horsetailteaweightloss #horsetailforthickerhair #horsetailcancer #horsetailextractforskin